Came across this great recipe. For those of you who don’t like prawns/shrimp try substituting with chicken. The spicy dipping sauce works great with seafood or chicken.
Could be served as an appetiser or a delicious main……..
- 1 lbs prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of starch (potato, tapioca)
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Over low heat, heat up a pan with a layer of oil.
- In a bowl combine wet mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine breading ingredients.
- Drop prawns into wet mixture and then heavily dredge in breading mixture.
- Increase heat in the pan slightly, medium to low.
- Layer in the prawns.
- Repeat until all the prawns have been coated and placed in pan.
- Cook for around 3 minutes per side.
*Note: in this sauce I add sriracha which is a spicy hot Thai sauce. The ingredients consist of chilli peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt. Sometimes called Nam phrik. Can be found at asian grocers.
- 1 cup of frozen/or fresh mango
- 3/4 cup Mayo (regular or vegan)
- 2 tbsp honey (adjust to your taste)
- 8-10 drops of sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
Add as much spice or as little as you like………enjoy!