The Maxi Climber vertical climber is a home exercise machine that promises fitness enthusiasts a significantly higher calorie burn rate compared with conventional exercise machines such as treadmills and exercise bikes. With claims like this, the Maxi Climber has become one of the best-selling cardio machines on Amazon.
The Maxi Climber is in essence, a home vertical climbing machine that mimics the vertical climb of a mountain or a steep wall. According to the manufacturer, it will strengthen and tone virtually the same muscles that are worked out during a mountain climb or any steep structure.
In this review we will assess the features and benefits of the Maxi Climber so that you can make an informed decision before buying.
The Maxi Climber Review – Features
Adjustable Height which Makes the Climber Universally Usable.
The Maxi Climber features an ergonomic, height-adjustable solid steel frame that makes it suitable for all body types. As users of this machine will no doubt be different in terms of body size and height, the Maxi Climber effectively accommodates this by the inclusion of this highly convenient feature.
Incredibly Space Friendly
The Maxi Climber has an amazingly small foot print of just 2.33 feet wide and 3 feet long. This easily qualifies it as one of the smallest foot prints of most home workout machines. In addition, the climber can be stored in relatively small spaces due to the inclusion of a compact folding design which really comes in handy for space conscious users.
The manufacturers (Innoventions International® LLC) have included a timer that will come in handy for any fitness enthusiasts who would like to keep an eye on total calories burned. The timer accurately starts and stops immediately when you begin and end the workout routine. Calories burned during the workout interval are also calculated.
Isometric Non-Slide Grips
These grips add to the existing ergonomics of the climber as they enable very firm leg and hand grips while exercising. This is an essential safety feature as it prevents accidental slip offs which may cause injuries especially to the legs.
Ease of assembly
The assembly process for the climber takes an estimated 10 minutes or so. 90% of the Maxi Climber arrives pre-assembled from the manufacturer and so only a very small section is left for the user to set up. Very precise assembly instructions accompany the climber straight out of the box.
How the Maxi Climber Operates
This exercise machine features a vertical climb design that induces the user to move his or her body in reciprocal motion to the legs i.e. one has to move the right arm along with the left leg and vice-versa just exactly as one would move if they were really rock climbing. Through this, all major body muscles are targeted and worked out. See the video below to get an idea.
- The Maxi Climber vertical climber claims one of the highest rates of calorific burn.
- The fact that this machine comes 90% pre-assembled is a bonus as it saves a lot of set up time and hassle.
- The height adjustability is also a plus as it makes the climber easy to use by just about anyone of any size and height.
- The amazingly low foot print of the Maxi Climber is space friendly and the compact folding design enables it to be stored even in small closets or the corner of a room.
- An instructional CD is also included when you buy the Maxi climber. The CD contains precise, user friendly instructions about the assembly and useage. In addition, a 12 song playlist is included to make workout sessions more interesting.
- The Maxi Climber’s frame is constructed from cold rolled steel which is highly wear and tear resistant giving longevity and durability.
- Use of the vertical climber guarantees a full body work out as it provides the functionality of two conventional cardio machines. While most machines in this category only work out an individual section of the body i.e. either upper or lower body, the Maxi Climber engages both body sections in its vertical climbing motion. When in use regularly, the climber really strengthens and tones out the legs, arms (biceps and triceps), buttocks and core. The Bio-X™ technology that is on board the climber facilitates a cross crawl motion that engages the core and the abs with each workout step.
- Safe and reliable. The climber utilizes only the user’s body weight to provide resistance and as such no weight plates or other attachment tools are required.
- The foot pedals are studded so training on the climber bare-footed may be quite an uncomfortable experience. It is advisable to wear proper training shoes.
- A considerable head clearance space is needed and as such the climber is not suitable for use in areas with low ceiling space. A recommended height clearance of at least 18 inches above the highest point is required for optimal use.
A handful of customers have complained about knee pains with the use of this machine but this is usually attributed to poor body posture when using it. For a comfortable, joint-pain free experience with this machine, carefully study the user manual as it comprehensively details the correct posture to have when using the machine and so avoiding injuries and joint pains.
Summary of Main Features
A quick recap of the features is as follows:
- Adjustable height feature for universal compatibility.
- Incredibly space friendly.
- A convenient work-out timer is included.
- Isometric non-slide grips.
- Quick and easy assembly.
The Maxi Climber is undoubtedly an extremely efficient, full body work-out machine that has received excellent reviews from its customers. With all the numerous strengthening and toning benefits that this appliance provides, the $200 price tag that accompanies it is easily justifiable and pocket friendly. This sort of bargain is clearly unavailable with many of the high end, expensive cardio machines out there. If used correctly and regularly, the Maxi Climber sculpts the body in no time.