When it comes to searching for the best treadmills under $1,000, it is important to understand what qualities to look for in a treadmill in this price range. At this price range, you can still afford a new treadmill that is going to effectively provide all the functions that you require. Given that many treadmill models and manufacturers are going to have significant differences between them, it is critical to know what you are looking for before making a purchase this significant. In order to guide you when looking for a new treadmill under $1,000, we provide helpful information on 5 of the best treadmills available for the money:
Best Rated Treadmills Under $1,000 Buyers Guide
When beginning to consider different treadmill models under $1,000, there are some specifications and characteristics that should be kept in mind.
- Motor Power – the motor power output by any given treadmill model is important to the durability of the treadmill and how long it can be expected to last. Generally speaking, a motor with a higher power rating is going to be better than a low power motor. This is because a treadmill with more power will typically not strain as much under weight load, and the motor should last a lot longer than a less powerful one.
- Running Area – The running area will determine how much space there is on the running/walking/jogging surface of the treadmill, and larger people may require more area than smaller people do.
- Incline Range – Incline range potential is another aspect of a treadmill that should be considered when making a purchase, since those individuals who prefer the ability to utilize an increased gradient on their treadmill should be aware of this potential when shopping.
- Maximum weight load – treadmills will have a maximum weight load that should be taken into account before purchase for safety and durability of the machine.
- Workout Modes – this is referring to programming built into a treadmill which allows the user to have different options for the type of treadmill workout they are going to be engaging in. These kinds of workout programs are even more effective when a treadmill comes with an LCD or LED display which can show the user different workout options and other critical information.
- Connectivity options – Does the treadmill allow you to connect different devices such as heart rate monitors
- Extras – for example, a built in fan could be an important consideration for use in hotter places.
- Ease of assembly – Some models will be designed to need some basic assembly, while other models will come fully assembled. If you do not wish to do any assembly work, then this is something to keep in mind when considering a purchase.
Top 5 Rated Treadmills Under $1000
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is a fantastic low budget treadmill coming in under the $300 mark. It packs a lot of features that others just don’t have at this price range. Finding a good workout is easy as it comes with 6 pre programmed workouts ranging from fat burning to interval training. A heart rate monitor is also built in so you can track the intensity of your workout and stay in the exercise zone of your choosing.
Features of the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill include a space saving folding design, 2 position incline and “Comfort Cell Cushioning” that help reduce impact to the legs and joints. There is a 90 day warranty on parts and labor and a year warranty on the motor. All in all a very well built treadmill with a lot of extras for a budget price.
This treadmill by Confidence is going to be an attractive option for buyers who are on a budget for their treadmill purchase. With a retail price of roughly $200.00 USD, this is a treadmill model that fits well within the $1,000 price limit. This is a treadmill which is capable of folding down for easy storing ability, and this kind of convenient storage capability is going to be a big selling point for some buyers. Featuring a multi-functional LED display with this treadmill, there is a modern and technologically-updated feeling to this model. Capable of supporting a user weight of up to 250 pounds, this treadmill has a basic yet highly functional and practical design.
This folding treadmill model by LifeSpan Fitness is a great option for those buyers who may be on a bit larger budget, but who still want to stay below the $1,000 mark. At about $970.00 USD, this treadmill model is a bit on the higher end of the price spectrum, but this price point is definitely backed up by the standard features possessed by this treadmill. Featuring a strong deck design which is capable of supporting as much as 300 pounds at a time, as well as a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, this is a treadmill model under $1,000 that is seriously built to last. With a 2.5 horsepower motor, this model has ample power for any mode of operation it is functioning in. Also, this treadmill can be folded up for easy storage which is a great aspect for buyers with limited space availability. Also because this model features a multicolor LCD console which can track calories, speed, distance, time, and more, using different fitness programs on this treadmill is a seamless experience.
Another great treadmill option for under $1,000, this model by Confidence is one on the lower-to-middle end of the pricing spectrum. Despite its relatively low price at around $300.00 USD, this treadmill is designed for convenience and for primarily in-home use. The design quality most suited to in-home use, particularly smaller homes which need to conserve space, is the ability to completely fold this treadmill down when it is not being used. This makes it extra easy to store, and the treadmill will not be taking up active space when it is folded up and put away. Featuring a manually adjustable incline, users of this treadmill will have the option of using different incline levels when exercising on it. Also included is an LED display and pulse monitor, which is great for monitoring heart rate and other important information.
This treadmill by Reebok is a relatively higher priced model, though it is still below the $1,000 limit. At retail price this treadmill typically costs between $950.00 USD and $999.00 USD depending on the specific retailer. Though the ZigTech 710 is a bit more expensive, it makes up for this price increase with its impressive features and included warranty. This model comes standard with patented ZigTech cushioning, which can make for much more comfortable workouts if this is something a buyer is looking for in their treadmill. Additionally, this treadmill model by Reebok is also iFit compatible, and it comes standard with twenty-two different workout applications. The warranty conditions for this model are especially attractive, since there is a lifetime warranty for both the motor and the frame. There is also a two-year parts warranty, and a one-year labor warranty.
This treadmill model by Horizon Fitness is another model that comes closer to our $1,000 dollar limit than some of the cheaper ones do, but this treadmill is one that is extremely highly rated by agencies and organizations, in addition to all of the hundreds of positive buyer reviews of this product. With a retail price tag of about $800.00 USD, this treadmill certainly delivers a bang for the buck. Featuring a maximum 300 pound limit and a quiet-operation CHP motor, as well as a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, this treadmill is another model that is built to last. Offering the most workout program options of any model considered here, this treadmill by Horizon Fitness comes complete with thirty different options for treadmill workouts. This model also has a feature not seen on very many other treadmills, which is the addition of surround sound speakers with the capability of playing MP3’s. With the ability to fold up, this treadmill is also very convenient which is somewhat rare for a model with as many features as this one has.
So there you have it – no more excuses of not being able to get to a gym! There are many affordable home treadmill options to suit any budget and you don’t have to compromise on quality either. For more treadmill options under $1000 and over 4 stars on Amazon click here.